GAFFNEY, SC 29340
The objective of the Maintenance Technician - B requires that he/she perform the following tasks routinely and daily with the highest possible efficiency and quality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assists in and performs installation, repair, and maintenance of a variety of stationary material handling, production and utility machinery, auxiliary and plant facilities.
2. Repairs and maintains in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operations manuals and manufacturing specifications a variety of production, utility and material handling machinery and equipment such as, motors, pumps, engines, gears, conveyor systems and production machines.
3. For minor repairs, observes equipment or device in operation and diagnoses cause of trouble. For more complex repairs, works as a team member where diagnostic work is performed by Maintenance Technician - A or others. Disassembles and repairs or replaces defective parts, reassembles and checks operation using tools such as, rulers, calipers, micrometers, levels, plumb bobs, straight edges and other measuring instruments.
4. Maintains and makes minor repairs to building and facilities, such as, exit doors, stairwells, elevators, and plant fire protection system.
5. Welds metal parts together according to layouts, blue prints or work orders, using welding, brazing, or any combination of ark welding processes. Repair machines and machine parts using various welding techniques.
6. Observes and complies with safety precautions for self and others, especially Lock-Out Policy.
7. Maintains good housekeeping.
8. May perform other duties as necessary including cross-training on production jobs to fill vacancies as needed and /or assist shift supervisor on the movement of product from one station to the next.
Meet Your Recruiter
Sokun is one of our most experienced recruiters and has worked in the staffing industry for over 10 years. During her career she has held many positions in talent acquisition, such as Administrative Assistant, Talent Account Manager, Onsite Manager, and now Staffing Specialist.
During her free time, Sokun enjoys doing arts and crafts projects.